Organization Structure of Thai FDA
Currently, Thai FDA is under the cluster of Public Health Service Support under the Ministry of Public Health. This is a group of departments working on an integrated program in order to achieve greater efficiency and effectiveness. The Cluster of Public Health Service Support comprises of three departments: the FDA, Health Service Support and Medical Sciences as described in Figure 1: Organizational Structure of the Ministry of Public Health.
The infrastructure of the Thai FDA as shown in Figure 2 officially consists of two main units; product control and support. First off to mention, the Product Control Unit, divided into four bureaus and two divisions as follows:
- Bureau of Cosmetics and Hazardous Substances,
- Bureau of Import and Export Inspection
- Bureau of Drug
- Bureau of Food
- Narcotics Control Division
- Medical Devices Control Division.
Secondly, the Support Unit consists of six divisions:
- Office of the Secretary,
- Technical and Planning Division
- Public and Consumer Affairs Division
- Rural and Local Consumer Health Product Protection and Promotion Division
- Internal Audit Group
- Public Sector Development Group.
In addition, four internal authorized units have been established to perform particular complementing tasks:
- Food and Drug Legal Group,
- Narcotics Revolving Fund
- One Stop Service Center
- Information Center.
Figure 1: Organization Structure of Ministry of Public Health
Figure 2: Organization Structure of Thai FDA